Thursday 25 April 2013

GRATITUDE

Gratitude is a choice. It's a conscious decision we make on a daily basis. Sometimes it is easier said than done. Depending on what is going on in your life. Anything at all that happens to us in life has a positive or negative component. Focusing on what is 'right' in a situation rather than what is 'wrong' takes intelligence. It is our choice.  As we start focusing on gratitude in life's most challenging situations, we start to set ourselves free. Out of adversity and negative situations can come some of the most positive and rewarding lessons in life's journey. It really depends on us, the way we interpret the circumstances. When  life's challenges appear overwhelming, it can be difficult to be grateful, but once we start making that conscious decision to focus on the little things we can be grateful for, it will propel us forward in life. We will start to see good in every situation, regardless of how big or small.
Everyday choose gratitude. From the moment we wake up in the morning, get into the space of being grateful. During that day observe how other grateful people come into your day, even those you would usually deem negative or annoying in your life will suddenly appear more positive. Starting to live a life of abundance starts with what we focus on most. So when we are grateful, that is what we get more of.
When I first started practicing the gratitude concept I was in, what I interpreted, as a very low place in my life. It was very difficult for me to see any good at all. I was determined to put gratitude back in my life and start living the life I deserved. It has been totally life changing.  Within a few short weeks I started to reap the rewards of my efforts (and believe me, some days it really was an effort! lol).  I felt happier, lighter in my mood and was starting to see so many positives in my life that I'd totally missed before as a result of being so critical previously.
Today, I am forever happy and grateful for everything I have experienced in my life. The good, bad and in between. If not for all of that, I would not be where I am today assisting others in creating success, freedom and living their best lives!
Be happy and grateful today and always,
Debbie
"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation". ~ Brian Tracy
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend." ~ Melody Beattie


No comments:

Post a Comment